Who is Oxford City Council?
Oxford City Council is the local government authority responsible for providing leisure and travel facilities to more than 150,000 people living in the city.
The council presides over one of England’s most well-known and ancient cities, home to the first university in the English-speaking world. In recent years, the city has become increasingly diverse and metropolitan.
Oxford City Council required a language services partner that was able to deliver the following:
- Support with resident applications for council services such as housing benefits and information for food banks
- A fully managed service capable of handling their extensive requirements
- Provide linguistic support to the Council’s work with asylum seekers
- Guidance on maintaining best practice and accessibility across communities in a large area
- Drive cost efficiencies through technology
- Provide greater data insight and transparency of how the service is run
As all public bodies in the UK are, the Council is bound by law to provide accessible services for all, regardless of language.
They provide an extensive range of services to a diverse population, including adult social care, children’s services, economy and environment, and resources and transformation.
Benefits at a glance
100% fulfilment of all services
Introduced time and cost saving remote services
Integrated booking software with data visibility
Provision of rare languages
British Sign Language
Fully managed language and accessibility service
Access to advanced DBS checked linguists
Access to our in-house team of voiceover artists, subtitling experts and editors