Who is Oxford City Council?
Oxford City Council is the local government authority responsible for providing leisure and travel facilities to more than 150,000 people living in the city.
The council presides over one of England’s most well-known and ancient cities, home to the first university in the English-speaking world. In recent years, the city has become increasingly diverse and metropolitan.
Oxford City Council required a language services partner that was able to deliver the following:
- Support with resident applications for council services such as housing benefits and information for food banks
- A fully managed service capable of handling their extensive requirements
- Provide linguistic support to the Council’s work with asylum seekers
- Guidance on maintaining best practice and accessibility across communities in a large area
- Drive cost efficiencies through technology
- Provide greater data insight and transparency of how the service is run
As all public bodies in the UK are, the Council is bound by law to provide accessible services for all, regardless of language.
They provide an extensive range of services to a diverse population, including adult social care, children’s services, economy and environment, and resources and transformation.
In the course of our agreement with Oxford City Council, we have achieved a 100% fulfilment rate for all services, including the provision of British Sign Language.
We have introduced the use of remote services and advanced booking systems which provide complete oversight of usage data and costs. This acts to increase service efficiency both for the Council and for end users.
We’ve provided services into a huge range of organisations that the council is responsible for, from the Citizen’s Advice Bureau to local schools.
Oxford council have benefitted from our in-house team of subtitling experts and voiceover artists, who supported the council in releasing videos promoting the city of Oxford to new residents with limited English.
Oxford City Council now has a fully managed language service they can rely on for any of their language and accessibility needs, 24/7, 365 days a year.